Kubba Roonga Guesthouse
a Peaceful Place at Blackheath in the heart of the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park
Guesthouse ... Reception Hrs 8am-7pm (02) 4787 5224
Kubba Roonga Guesthouse is a heritage listed guesthouse that has been the source of
happy memories for many generations of guests (since the 30s).
Guesthouse has been altered over the years to provide modern levels of
comfort to guests, but it has retained its old world ambience and
original charm, with gorgeous polished wood floors in the public areas,
antique furniture and original artworks. Kubba Roonga has a "AAA **** 4.5
STAR rating" and continues to win many industry awards, year on year,
for its quality personalised service, as a Home-away from Home.
In Spring & Summer enjoy your complimentary Country Style Cooked Breakfast on our
outdoor settings amongst our lovely established english gardens. Watch
and listen to the wildlife around you whilst you sip your freshly
brewed coffee or enjoy your pot of tea, as you prepare your day itinerary
of activities of nearby walks, sightseeing or boutique shopping.
Located in Blackheaths famous quiet leafy streets, away from trains & highway traffic, & with only six rooms you are ensured a quiet, peaceful and relaxing stay.
- Two lounge areas
- Checkin 2pm to 7pm by appointment only.
- Kubba Roonga Cafe - DEVONSHIRE TEA/SCONES
A huge THANKYOU to Graham Checkley, Matthew Reyes & Julie Hinton for some of the interior/exterior photos featured on our site.
guest bedrooms have queen beds and ensuite bathrooms, and are with maximum 2 person occupancy. Four rooms have
an ensuite Spa (Spa BnB & Luxury Spa Suite BnB), perfect for unwinding at the end of the day! One (Ensuite BnB) room
can accommodate a single fold out bed for that extra guest or
convenience, by prior phone arrangement & only prior to booking.
Additional charges apply. Adult supervision is required at all times for any stay including
infants/children 0-16 (Direct Bookings only by phone).
* Devonshire Tea @ KRG Cafe Inhouse Guest Service "11am-7pm" daily. Visitors Bookings "11am - 3pm"
old world charm at Kubba
Roonga Guesthouse whilst enjoying your choice of beverage &
varieties. Sit in our lovely Garden
table settings or enjoy the character and charm of the guesthouse
inside on our antique lounge spaces or grand dining areas. In Winter
enjoy being snug n cozy sitting in front of our lovely fireplaces.
* GIFT CERTIFICATES are now available online. The perfect gift to loved ones, family, friends or work colleagues, to share the experience of old world charm at Kubba Roonga Guesthouse.
* Swedish/Remedial Massage now available. Spoil yourself, Book NOW.
* Vegetarian/Meat Platters
now available. Indulge a little whilst relaxing in our lovely
established English Gardens, on our outdoor settings or inside nice n
cosy. Book Early, book online.
* PETS enquiry? We cannot accommodate pets, but why not bring your pet with you and checkin your pet to Blackheaths local "PET RESORT" before arriving at Kubba Roonga. They provide all the care and attention your pet deserves during your stay, allowing you to take your holidays without the stress of finding a suitable pet sitter. Contact Blue Mountains Pet Resort on (02) 4787 7778 or another provider, making advance arrangements before your checkin date for your Pets choice in stay.
Awards for Excellence
* 2012 Kubba Roonga was Reviewer's Choice for accomodation in
Blackheath in the 2012 Rough Guide!
We continue to strive for excellence and to exceed
our Star Ratings year on year to bring you this amazing experience.
Roonga was built as a private country home in 1915 and became a
guesthouse prior to World War II. Since that time guests have been
visiting Kubba Roonga to enjoy the peace of the guesthouse; the
bushwalks and natural beauty of the surrounding National Park; the many
Blue Mountains golf courses; Blackheath's antique shops, coffee shops
and fine dining; and of course the romance of a Kubba Roonga escape.
Extracts from Guest Email
Kubba Roonga is a wonderful warm old house that exudes an aura of calm and tranquility mixed with a
feeling that many happy times had been enjoyed there in its past. Thank you for your hospitality and friendliness,
it makes such a difference. By the way, the thought of those hearty and delicious breakfasts would coax anyone out
of bed on the chilliest of autumn mornings.
Past Guests' Memories of Kubba Roonga
We used to come here for about five summer holidays 1953-1958. Stayed for about two weeks (I think!).
VISIT Tripadvisor/Blackheath/Kubba Roonga for all recent postings from our Guest stays...